The 3,500 square foot Carnegie Library in Mishawaka was built in 1916 with a $30,000 donation from Andrew Carnegie. It has a heavy, carved oak door, leaded glass windows, a slate roof and a fire place. The rectangular structure on the east side was added in 1937-1938, as part of a Works Projects Administration Project. The library was closed in 1969 and was designated as a Local Historic District structure on March 16, 1999.
Photographs courtesy of Vikkie Verteramo © 2003
More information on the libraray can be found on the City of Mishawaka or at the website of the current Mishawaka Public Library
Return to KeenFurlong.com Home Page